I recently replied to a LinkedIn poll asking for suggestions of the most influential Austinites in the marketing field. This was my list.
1. Nigel Dessau, CMO, AMD: Leading the challenge to Intel and making headway. Recently named one of the top BtoB marketers. http://blogs.amd.com/nigeldessau/
2. Brett Hurt, CEO, BazaarVoice: leading the industry in incorporating customer feedback in the purchase decision-making process. http://www.bazaarvoice.com/about/leaders#BrettBio
3. Bob Pearson, President, Social Media Business Council: Leading voice in corporate use of social media. http://www.linkedin.com/in/bobpearson
4. Jonathan Hilland, CEO, Mindwave: Leading the challenge to the research industry’s current techniques for gaining customer insight. http://www.linkedin.com/in/jonathanhilland
5. Gene Austin, CEO, Convio: Leading provider of marketing tools for the not-for-profit world. http://www.convio.com/convio/leadership.html
Who would you add to the list?