Continuing my tradition of sharing things for which I’m thankful, here is this year’s list:
- Living in a vibrant community that can host such great events like SXSW, ACL Fest and Formula 1.
- A country that handles disagreements via the ballot box. Whether you like the outcome or not, look at how other countries in the world resolve their differences.
- Publishing my first book. While I get the byline, almost 100 people helped make it possible and they deserve the credit and my thanks.
- An agency team that keeps me on my toes and inspires me to keep learning about the constant changes in our noble profession.
- Clients whose trust we’ve earned and new clients who have taken a leap of faith. From big screen TVs and big rig trucks to drinks to party with and a town to party in, your challenges stimulate us to do great work.
- The generosity of Americans who care for others through organizations like The First Tee, Austin Helps Honduras, Wounded Warrior Project and many more.
- For shooting my lowest competitive round of golf (69). It gave me hope.
- For shooting my highest competitive round of golf (99). It kept me humble!
- Quality television programs that make me laugh, make me think and allow me to take a break.
- A year of health for me and my extended family. We are so blessed.
- Sons, nieces and nephews who are following their dreams and making a difference in the world at such an early age.
- A wife, a travel companion and a golf buddy who is the same person. I can’t imagine journeying through life without her!
Latest posts by John Ellett (see all)
- 10 lessons I learned about courageous marketing from the Cojones Awards - March 20, 2015
- Moms, Homemade Food and Transparent Marketing - May 9, 2014
- One Resolution Every Marketer Should Make in 2014 - December 30, 2013