I just finished Seth Godin’s new book Tribes at the recommendation of a good friend and got a renewed interest in the subject of leading change. I believe it is a critical skill for marketers who want to make a real difference in their organizations.
I was curious about what others thought were good books on the subject and posted the question on LinkedIn. Here are some of the responses in no particular order. Links are to the book on Amazon for your convenience.
- Tribes by Seth Godin
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Others Don’t by Jim Collins
- The Five Most Important Questions You Will Ever Ask About Your Organization (J-B Leader to Leader Institute/PF Drucker Foundation) by Peter F. Drucker and Leader to Leader Institute
- Jack: Straight from the Gut by Jack Welch and John A. Byrne
- Leading Change by John P. Kotter
- Effective Strategic Leadership: An Essential Path to Success Guided by the World’s Great Leaders by John Adair
- The SPEED of Trust: The One Thing That Changes Everything by Stephen M.R. Covey
- The Leadership Challenge by James M. Kouzes and Barry Z. Posner
- Who Moved My Cheese?: An Amazing Way to Deal with Change in Your Work and in Your Life by Spencer Johnson
- Winning through Innovation: A Practical Guide to Leading Organizational Change and Renewal by Charles A. O’Reilly III and Michael L. Tushman
So, what book can you add to the list?